North Coast is more than music.
We strive to create an experience that allows our Coasties to create their own journey with installations
that interact with all your senses.
In 2022, these efforts manifested in eight different massive installations:
• The Chill Dome: We converted a massive, well-ventilated, air-conditioned dome into an area for resting, cooling down, and getting out of the heat. Please use the dome as a place to take a break in between sets and relax on our Pillow Mountain while vibing out to custom lighting and chill sounds from Chicago’s best djs playing downtempo, chillhop, lofi, and lots more.
• North Coast Yacht Club: Board the S.S. Bam for perks, good times, photo ops, drinks, and a yacht’s elevated eye view of the fest.
• Temple of Intention: This towering interactive installation modeled after an ancient temple acted as a meet up spot for your festival squad and allowed you to immerse yourself in the mirror room inside, guaranteed to elevate your electric experience.
• Rainbow Lounge: A re-imagined scaffolding into part art installation, part hammock lounge, designed to take you off your feet and bring people together.
• Sky Fields: This monumental tunnel guiding Coasties in their exploration, reminding us all to enjoy the journey as much as the destination.
• Zephyrs: Kinetic by design, ripped in the wind serving as a playful backdrop.
• The Giant: North Coast stands on the shoulders of giants. The Coastie community is part of a larger, socially significant culture, and we thank all those before us and paved the way.
• The Incendia Fire Pit: We teamed up with the Incendia crew and booked some of Chicago’s best to provide the soundtrack for this fire-breathing dome.
• Lastly, our Costumed Performers added some flair to an already eccentric crowd. Adorning beautiful outfits, infusing a fantastical sense of wonder to the fest.