OFFICIAL NORTH COAST 2023 ADA GUIDE
North Coast is an accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. Please read this informational guide thoroughly before sending an inquiry email. For any accessibility-related questions not answered in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to assist you and address your accessibility needs.
The venue is navigable for people with mobility disabilities. The event is held inside the soccer stadium and outside on the exterior turf fields. There are accessible pathways connected throughout the venue including parking, entrances, stages, ADA viewing areas, vendors, and all other activity areas. We encourage all guests with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the Accessibility Services booth. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit.
We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
There will be limited ADA parking for guests with disabilities onsite. ADA parking requires a paid parking pass and is available on a first come, first serve basis in the EAST PARKING LOT. You will need a verified handicap placard, permit, or license plate to enter this parking lot. The person to whom the handicap credential is issued must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger.
OFFSITE ACCESSIBLE SHUTTLES
There are a few offsite shuttles that are wheelchair accessible. These shuttles can take disabled guests from designated hotels/shuttle stops in the surrounding area to the venue. To request an accessible shuttle, please call/email email@example.com
There will be an ADA entry lane, located at both the East & West Entrances. Disabled guests may use this lane to safely enter the venue. After using the ADA entry, please visit the Accessibility Services booth immediately after so that you can keep using the ADA entry for the following show days.
ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES BOOTH
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA wristband credential. There is no ADA pre-registration before the event – this is all done onsite at the event.
There will be an Accessibility Services booth conveniently located next to the Guest Services booth. At this location, you can:
• Get your ADA wristband credential
• Get your ADA questions answered
• Learn about our accessibility services
• ADA wristbands are good for the whole weekend
• DO NOT remove your wristband for the entire duration of the event
• One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron (exceptions will be made for families with young children)
• If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Accessibility Services booth to be reissued
ACCESSIBLE VIEWING AREAS
There will be accessible viewing areas made available to ADA patrons at designated stages. To gain access to these areas, please visit us at the Accessibility Services booth.
Accessible Viewing Area Policies:
• Companions may be asked to stand in the back if capacity is reached
• Patrons and companions may not smoke in these areas
• Patrons may not save spots
• Do not block the view of the guests behind you
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue. However, this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Any animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed into the venue. Only service animals that have been individually trained and are under the proper care of their owners will be allowed within the premises.
The following guidelines must be followed:
• All service animals must be registered with the ADA department upon entry into the event
• All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or if the handler’s disability prevents the use of these devices, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
• Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area
• Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal
• All service animals should have legally required vaccinations (which ADA staff may ask to see for verification)
We ask that you do not leave your animal in your car while you’re inside the event, as vehicles without air conditioning on may become too hot and unsafe for any animal.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION REQUESTS
We accept requests for any of the following services:
• ASL Interpretation
• Other forms of Effective Communication
Requests for these services must be emailed to us at least 30 days prior to the event to allow for sufficient preparation. The deadline for this event is August 3rd, 2022. To submit a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “North Coast Request”.
• First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the event maps and mobile app, if available. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
• Prescription Medications: All prescription medications must be in the original manufacturer container with your name on it, which matches your government-issued photo ID. Please only bring a sufficient amount of medication for the duration of the event. Your medications must be cleared by the medic team at the event entry.
• Other Services: If you would like to request large format print/braille literature, guided tours for guests with visual disabilities, assisted listening device systems or another accommodation not listed, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
North Coast will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We hope you find this guide informative, we look forward to seeing you at North Coast!